Conférence - Dynamique dans les variétés de représentations
en partenariat avec ERC, Université de Luxembourg
The workshop will be held in Rennes, at the address: Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes, Bilding 28, Ampithéatre K.
The Department of Mathematics and Irmar Institute are located in Rennes at the address: Campus Beaulieu, bilding 22-23.
Rennes is a vibrant university city and is the administrative capital of Brittany.
About 60,000 students, including 6000 international students
1 hour from Mont Saint-Michel bay, 1 hour from St Malo, 2 hours from Paris by train
Getting to Rennes
Rennes has its own small airport. Rennes airport operates flights to over 70 destinations but mostly with domestic flights (some low cost to/from the UK and Ireland).
From Rennes airport, you can reach the city center:
- by bus: number 57, bus stop "Republique" (terminus, in the city center), 1.50€. There is a bus every 20 minutes from 5.30 to 0.11 (timetable).
- by taxi: the airport is about 10/15 minutes from the conference site and the city centre, 15€ before 19:00; 25€ after 19:00.
It is also possible to take a flight with final destination Paris airport and take a train (TGV) from Paris to Rennes ( French national railway company website for booking tickets) . From Charles de Gaulle Airport rail station to Rennes, there are between 4 and 6 trains a day (direct, 3h to reach Rennes). From Montparnasse railway station (Paris) to Rennes, a train every 30 minutes (direct, 2h05 to reach Rennes).
Getting to IRMAR
The IRMAR Insitute is located in the north-east of the city within the Beaulieu campus.
The bus is probably the most practical way to reach the IRMAR. Rennes has a large bus network (see here) and the bus ticket (1.50 euros in the subway stations or directly to the bus driver) can be used during one hour. From the city centre you need to take either bus C4, C6, 40Ex or 41Ex and stop at Tournebride or Résidence Universitaire.
Most of our participants are accomodated in:
There are plenty of other possibilities for staying in Rennes (e.g. booking.com).
See below instances of hostels:
- Mercure Rennes centre Parlement Hotel (pricing: from 80 euros per night)
- Novotel Rennes Centre Gare Hotel (pricing: from 119 euros per night)
- Balthazar hôtel & spa (pricing: from 150 euros per night)
- Hôtel Anne de Bretagne (pricing: from 81 euros per night)
- Le Victoria (pricing: from 61 euros per night)
- Hôtel des Lices (pricing: from 61 euros per night)
- Angelina Hôtel (pricing: from 71 euros per night)
- Hôtel Lanjuinais (pricing: from 59 euros per night)